My Little Angel

How many of you know of any young girls/boys who wake up extra early in the mornings to cook for their Mom or Dad before they leave for college?

I know one, and I'm happy to say that she's my daughter!

To be precise, she woke up at 6.30am (her classes start at 10am), just to prepare this for my post-workout meal and also another portion for her daddy to take it to the gym with him as an after-snack. And it's not only today, but this happens whenever my husband intends to go for a morning workout. She voluntarily does this and takes pride in doing it. When Daniel was in college, Kelly used to do this for her brother as well. And on the other hand, when the brother was on semester breaks or during his off days, he used to cook for his sister's college meals. Nothing like home-cooked food right?


And that's the 'packed' version for Daddy to take with him to the gym.

What goes around comes around, yes? Because this is exactly what I used to do for my children from their pre-school days till the day they finished high school. And during their recess breaks, I used to bring them food as well as fruits (for their dessert) for them and their friends. I was a full time housewife, therefore I owned the luxury of preparing homemade meals for children and husband all the time. And I loved and still love every single time I'm able to do it.

So it was pan-seared Salmon, with broccoli, carrots, potatoes and steamed white rice.

And later (very much later) tonight as in after midnight when Kelly gets home from her friend's function and when I get home from mine, we plan to bake a chocolate volcano fudge for us to indulge when we have our Mother-Daughter movie marathon throughout the night.

Blessed weekend, babes!