Gratitude

One day perhaps, and that's a huge 'maybe', I shall write about something that happened recently. But I'll save that article for an unholy day or month because there's bound to be a string of unholy words that begin with 'F' that I may use while writing it.


Hey everyone. I know on my previous post I said that I was going to write about Hamed's and my new project, but since it's Ramadan, let me just get this short piece posted, and on the next post, I promise it'll be about his and my new venture.

So once again, Ramadan comes-a-calling and it's back to that familiar routine of sahurs, bazaars, tarawihs and iftars. In the midst of all that, one of the best things I love about Ramadan, is that it always puts me back into perspective and in a very good way.

This is always the time where I tend to push away life's shortcomings and focus on gratitude instead. This is where I always dwell on the wonderful things and people that I'm blessed with in my life. My every morning routine as I prepare sahur for my family, is a sense of lightness in my heart that I'm able to do this for the most important people in my life - my husband and kids.

I'm so thankful to Allah for giving me so many blessings in life that others may only take for granted. And although each morning when I wake up that's the first thing I reflect upon, but during Ramadan, it's constantly on my mind. Always.

And this, is another thing I'm so thankful for.. Kelly spent the weekend at my Mom's place. And even though my Mom is a staunch Catholic, she woke up extra early at 4.15am on Sunday morning to prepare sahur for her granddaughter. These are the pictures that Kelly sent me via text this morning.


Some simple vegetable soup and fried chicken. And my Mom sat down and ate with her before she herself got ready to go to Church.

These may be tiny stuff to some people. But to me, it matters a lot. And I'm so grateful to Allah for giving me a mother who respects my religion, even though she is deep into her own faith.

And as we complete the 2nd day of Ramadan, I wholeheartedly look forward to assist Ariff with the Ramadan dinners that he hosts for the unfortunate and underprivileged kids. He wants me to play a bigger role in it this year and has given me the green light in planning the concept, location, the event and even the date.

With that said, life's little defects pales in comparison with the huge blessings I have. As I always say, "if it's not a matter of life n death, it's nothing that I can't handle!".

And since I only focus on my blessings while pushing the setbacks far off  into oblivion during Ramadan, by the time the month comes to an end, all those negativity are normally forgotten or non-existent. I guess because science has shown that it takes 21-24 days for the human brain to adapt, form or break a habit. Do the same, everyone!

Happy Ramadan.