Quarantine 38th

For the last couple of weeks, I've been bugging my husband to allow me to give him a haircut. He said no, because he was worried what if I messed it up.

For what it's worth, early this January was the 1st time ever that I took a pair of hair scissors to my own hair. It was too long and it had gone beyond my butt. So since I always make it a point to do something new each year, I decided to give my hair stylist a break and 2020 was the time for me to try and cut my own hair myself.  I wasn't really worried because if I had made a mistake with it, it was still long and my personal stylist could easily counter that. But lo and behold, I got it layered and no one had believed that I actually cut my own hair to perfection. Heck, I couldn't believe it myself. A couple of my girlfriends and even family members then told me that I could cut their hair too. But I wouldn't dare. I certainly never expect that I could cut my own locks. But you know me, once I've set my mind on something, I'll find a way to do it, one way or the other.

The 2 pictures you see above there on this blog's main photo with the tiara on my head was taken on my birthday this year, which was 2+ months after I cut it. Silly me that I forgot to take a before and after picture of my mane.

So back to the story, my husband finally relented when I assured him I'll only trim off a little bit. After all, in the worse case scenario if I did mess up, we are all under lockdown and no one will be seeing him at least for the next couple of weeks - where it'll grow back again.

Excited as I was at this venture, I was nervous as heck. But with salons closed everywhere, I just had to do it. And let me tell you this: a woman's hair is much more easier to cut than a man. It's trickier. And a bit more complicated. Like men. haha.



Anyway, I'm happy to say that I done a pretty darn good job! It's neat, not too short and most importantly, my husband approved of it. What do you think?

So what's next, Debbie J's Salon? ⌣.