Once A Stalker, Always A....

So hello there once again. And as promised 2 previous posts ago, here's my story about the stalker who surfaced in my life in 1998.



I won't go into extreme details and depth as reliving everything can somewhat be traumatising for me.
But here it goes.

As I mentioned in the Facebook post, this guy worked for me while studying at the University.
I employed him because he was pretty decent looking, was intelligent, very efficient and also had a strong command of  English - which was an added advantage.

Over a course of 2-3 months, he went from being my worker to what I would say, a personal maid and eventually, a nightmarish stalker - all on his own accord. He started doing things for me which I never asked and his behaviour gradually took on a new pattern.

It started with my dinners. I would normally buy dinner from any of the nearby shops and would eat in the shop. So whenever he saw me coming in with the food bundle, he would quickly set aside a space for me on the table, clean the area, get cutleries for me and place it together with my food and drink - none of which was in his job description, which I kept on reminding him.

And then before I knew, he was walking me to my car every night, making sure I belted up and drove off before he walked away. This was normally about 1am, after shutting down the outlet.

Before you continue reading the following, which I've written in point form, bear in mind that there were many instances where my husband came very close to 'silencing' this person permanently. But it never happened because of my earnest begging and pleading with hubby not to do anything to this psycho. Why? Because my children needed their father to be with them, not behind bars serving time in a prison cell.

I went through a lot. Yep, I went through A LOT.

So yea, in brief sentences:

This was the person who offered to move in to my home to be my maid for free.

This was the person who whenever repair/service men used my toilet, he went in there and scrubbed the whole toilet spotless because he knew how repelled I was about strangers/outsiders using the toilet.

This was the person who once when I felt like throwing up, he opened up his hands and told me he was willing for me to puke on it.

This was the person who was jealous of every.single.male that I spoke to, including transgenders.

This was the person who once snatched the phone from me and cut off the line while I was in conversation with one of my male regular customers who was enquiring about a CD.

This was the person who while watching my sister's wedding CD with me at the store when we were free one day, saw me dancing with the best man in the customary 'maid of honour -bestman' dance, got so mad, took out the CD from the player and scratched it because he said he hated that the man was holding me on the dance floor.

This was the person who also got jealous of the 2 "funny faced" actors from Roxbury just because I watched that movie many times, so he thought I had a crush on one them.

This was the person who always playfully said that he was gonna kidnap me someday - where his mouth smiled, but his eyes weren't.

This was the person who refused to go back to his country for his father's funeral because he didn't want me hiring any other guys while he left.

This was the person who would hypocritically call me 'Kak Rin' in front of everyone else, but when were alone in the outlet, would call me 'Mrs (his name)

This was the person whose friend from Uni would one day come and visit me to let me know that he had a strange obsession with me.

This was the person who was jealous of my brother - because he never believed we were siblings and hated whenever my bro visited me at the shop and when we leave to go for drinks

This was the person whom I spotted a couple of times outside the empty RT pondok near my previous home at 2am-3am while I was coming home from outings whenever I never answered his calls throughout the night - whether I was with my hubby, family or siblings.

This was the person who could never hide the anger on his face whenever my husband visited me at the outlet where I salam, kissed my hubby's hand and he kissed my forehead. (Dafuq right?)

And finally, this was the person who narrowly escaped being picked up by thugs, hired by one of my uncles to simply finish him off.  I never knew about this until months later when someone in my family accidentally mentioned it to me - which I was thoroughly shaken to hear.

So you see? I have legit reasons to be creeped out by this monster.

In 2002, I told him that he was a 'wanted' and 'hunted' man by certain members of my family. And that is how he disappeared.

And I was relieved and contented all those years. Until he resurfaced and messaged me on facebook in 2017.

And you know what makes my skin crawl whenever I think about him? Is that he had an extremely innocent face where no one would imagine the kinda things that went on in his head.

I've had my share of stalkers stalking me throughout my life. But this person, was by far, the worse among all those other devils!